Review - Guru adjustable catapult



I have been using the Guru catapult for a year now and despite some early problems with it, it is without doubt the best catapult I have used.





I first brought it to use for pellet waggler fishing, my first trip out was pretty much a disaster.
See, I chose the guru pult because it offered plenty of spares, it is adjustable, and it looks good too!

I bought the pult along with a spare packet of elastic and pins, to replace my knackered old drennan one. First trip out, using a pellet waggler, to an island about 20yds out, feeding 6 and 8mm pellets every 20seconds,  I snapped the elastic and broke countless pins on both the pouch end and the other end.

When I got home I immediately went onto the guru website and emailed their complaints department.
I expressed my concerns regarding the shape and sharpness of the pins and received a reply back the next day explaining that guru were aware of the problem and were sourcing some stronger pins.
The problem was that the pins were too thin and had a small sharp bit on the end, which, if the pins didnt snap first, wore through the elastic!!!!

In the meantime I was sent several more spares packets and told some stronger pins would be sent out when they arrived.

Anyway, several weeks later, and a packet arrive in the post with the pins and immediately I could see they were stronger. You can see from the below picture the difference in the pins. The original ones on the right of the pic and the new stronger ones on the left





I have since used it on quite a few sessions and am pleased to announce that I have not broken anymore pins or elastics.

The pult is completely adjustable, so you can have it quite tight which creates quite a close in tight baiting situation, which is ideal when im float fishing on the bottom using baits like hemo, maggots or pellets.
Or you can move the elastic using the pins to slacken it off and get more distance. I much prefer using it this way when im pellet waggler fishing as it spreads the bait out and keeps the fish searching.





All in all, its very well made, and providing Guru have now replaced the inferior pegs with the more heavy duty ones then you wont go wrong with it.
I would buy buy another one without hesitation.

posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013 season review

New blog, new season